Vision Quest, 2020
Event Phone: 1 510 470-1358
- Vision Quest, 2020
June 12, 2020 - June 19, 2020
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Haŋbléčheyapi kiŋ hená aŋpétu átaya tákuni yúte šni mní ešá yatké šni čhéyapi ečé ečhúŋpi škhé. “Those who seek a vision stand all day without food, and they don’t even drink water, all they do is wail (pray in supplication to Creator)”.
Haŋbléčheyapi or Vision Quest is often life changing and is considered a Rite of Passage toward the new You. If you are thinking about “Crying for a Vision”, it is highly suggested that you complete at least the Introductory lessons (1-4) and the Vision Quest Preparation Guide of the 13th Moon program, as part of the preparation process, before going on the mountain.
Teachings that take place at Vision Quest include:
- Hanbleceya (Vision Quest) Ceremony Preparation – including preparing prayer ties, teachings regarding how to seek a spirit guide and the mind-set for centering.
- Inipi (Sweat Lodge) Ceremony – including drumming, traditional songs and teachings regarding the elements.
- Fire-walk, teaching the importance of intention, focus and empowerment. Respect for the elements.
- Plant Medicine Sacrament(s) – Tipi Ceremony (Optional during and after Vision Quest).
- Daily Chanunpa (Sacred Pipe) Ceremony – including blessing ceremony and four directions.
- Sacred Talking Circle(s) & Vision Interpretation
Please note that we start first thing on day 1 and so will ask that you arrive the evening prior. Vision Quest ends in the morning on the final day.
Those desiring may register to stay for Plant Medicine Ceremony Friday evening.
Please let us know when registering if you require work exchange (for those making <$10K/year or who otherwise could not attend event). Reasonable work exchange requires coming 3 days prior to the event and staying 1 day after to support set-up and break-down of equipment and other resources needed for this event.
ALL CONTRIBUTIONS FOR THIS EVENT ARE DUE ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE EVENT.
Venue: Utah's West Desert
Details and driving directions will be provided prior to event. All out-of-town guests will fly into SLC International airport Friday evening July 10th.
Those driving will meet us in SLC and we will drive out to the location together in the morning on Saturday July 11th.