Vision Quest, 2020
Event Phone: 1 510 470-1358
- Vision Quest, 2020
August 1, 2020 - August 9, 2020
2:00 pm - 12:00 pm
Haŋbléčheyapi kiŋ hená aŋpétu átaya tákuni yúte šni mní ešá yatké šni čhéyapi ečé ečhúŋpi škhé. “Those who seek a vision stand all day without food, and they don’t even drink water, all they do is wail”.
Haŋbléčheyapi or Vision Quest is life changing and is considered a Rite of Passage to the new You. If you are thinking about “Crying for a Vision”, it is required that you complete at least the Introductory lessons (1-4) and the Vision Quest Preparation Guide of the 13th Moon program, before going to the mountain, as part of the preparation process.
Teachings that take place at Vision Quest include:
- Hanbleceya (Vision Quest) Ceremony Preparation – including prayer ties, spirit guide and centering.
- Inipi (Sweat Lodge) Ceremony – including drumming, traditional songs and water & fire teachings.
- Fire-walk, bonding fire & fire-keeping
- Plant Medicine Sacrament(s) – Tipi Ceremony (Optional after Vision Quest).
- Daily Chanunpa (Sacred Pipe) Ceremony – including blessing ceremony and four directions.
- Sacred Talking Circle(s) & Vision Interpretation
Please note that we start first thing on day 1 and so will ask that you arrive the evening prior. Vision Quest ends in the morning on the final day.
Those desiring may register to stay for Plant Medicine Ceremony Friday evening.
Please let us know when registering if you require work exchange (for those making <$10K/year or who otherwise could not attend event).
ALL CONTRIBUTIONS FOR THIS EVENT ARE DUE BY TBD.
Wildernook Sanctuary is 400 acres of sacred space 9 miles NE of Exit 225 off I-5 at Hwy 132 in Nephi, Utah and is East of Mt. Nebo. Exact location will be provided at time of event for those who are fully registered.