Vision Quest, 2023
Event Phone: 1 510 470-1358
- Vision Quest, 2023
May 27, 2023 - June 4, 2023
7:00 am - 10:00 am
Haŋbléčheyapi kiŋ hená aŋpétu átaya tákuni yúte šni mní ešá yatké šni čhéyapi ečé ečhúŋpi škhé. “Those who seek a vision stand all day without food, and they don’t even drink water, all they do is wail (pray in supplication to Creator)”.
Haŋbléčheyapi or Vision Quest is often life changing and is considered a Rite of Passage toward the new You. If you are thinking about “Crying for a Vision”, it is highly suggested that you complete at least the Introductory lessons (1-4) and the Vision Quest Preparation Guide of the 13th Moon program, as part of the preparation process, before going on the mountain.
Teachings that take place at Vision Quest include:
- Hanbleceya (Vision Quest) Ceremony Preparation – including preparing prayer ties, teachings regarding how to seek a spirit guide and the mind-set for centering.
- Inipi (Sweat Lodge) Ceremony – including drumming, traditional songs and teachings regarding the elements.
- Fire-walk, teaching the importance of intention, focus and empowerment. Respect for the elements.
- Plant Medicine Sacrament(s) – Tipi Ceremony (Optional during and after Vision Quest).
- Daily Chanunpa (Sacred Pipe) Ceremony – including blessing ceremony and four directions.
- Sacred Talking Circle(s) & Vision Interpretation
Please note that we start first thing on day 1 and so will ask that you arrive the evening prior.
If you are flying you can fly into SeaTac or Paine Field airports. Please let us know your itinerary so we can plan to pick you up or arrange to have someone pick you up.
Vision Quest ends in the morning on the final day.
Those desiring may register to stay for Plant Medicine Ceremony Friday evening.
Please let us know when registering if you require work exchange (for those making <$10K/year or who otherwise could not attend event). Reasonable work exchange requires coming 2-3 days prior to the event and staying 1 day after to support set-up and break-down of equipment and other resources needed for this event.
While there is no charge for any of our ceremonies, the money asked as a contribution is used to pay our expenses (food (we provide all meals during this 8+ days), medicine, travel expenses, etc.) as well as to support our Medicine People and Facilitators.
Please let us know if you do not have the financial ability to contribute so that we can work out a work exchange so you can attend.
WE ASK THAT ALL CONTRIBUTIONS FOR THIS EVENT BE MADE PRIOR TO THE DAY OF THE EVENT.
Venue: Stanwood, WA